Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA) SCA is America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks qualified applicants to lead, educate, and inspire high school students for the 2014 Pittsburgh summer program
Lead, mentor and coach a crew of 5-6 students, ages 15-19, while completing various conservation service projects designed to build an ethic of community and environmental stewardship. Projects include a range of activities such as trail and park maintenance, habitat restoration, revitalization of abandoned urban properties or to urban agriculture and run for 6 weeks at a time. In addition, leaders will facilitate pre- and post- program planning which includes crew training, environmental education and reporting. The 2014 Pittsburgh Program locations include:
- South Side
- Pittsburgh Parks
- East Liberty
- Green spaces in Pittsburgh
Program Dates:June 30th – August 10th, 2014
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to legally work in the US
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 14-19)
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more.
- Must be able to attend mandatory Crew Leader training: June 5 – 14th, 2014
Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Compensation: $4025 total salary depending on funding, experience & crew length.
To Apply: Please visit www.thesca.org/employment for a detailed description including information on how to apply. Leader applications are accepted only online. For questions, concerns or more information contact scaPittsburgh@thesca.org and/or email@example.com.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org