The 1st annual South Side Slopes Photo Contest is underway! Submit your stunning photos of the neighborhood……whether it’s a beautiful cityscape shot, a unique view of our many public staircases or a photo of a funky garden on the hillside, the submissions should be taken of the Slopes neighborhood (or is a view from it).
Please read the entry rules below and then fill out your contact information, upload your photo entry/entries (limit of 3 entries per person) and submit. Can’t wait to see all the cool pics!
1) To enter, complete the entry form online. There is no entry fee. Please do not send entries by mail.
2) Entries must be received by Friday, July 16, 2021 (by 11:59 p.m.). The South Side Slopes Neighborhood Association takes no responsibility for lost entries or technical difficulties with submission.
3) Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person. The photographer must own all rights to any photographs entered in this contest.
4) Entries may be color or black-and-white digital photographs. Winners will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so that the winning pictures may be professional published in a photo calendar. Digital entries can be uploaded electronically as .jpeg, .png or .pdf file types. Digital files should be at least 1.5 MB in size, up to 10 MB. *Please see below for more information about submissions.
5) Each photographer is eligible to win, at most, three entries for this calendar contest. The photographers of the top 13 photos (One photo for each calendar month and one cover image) will be entered into a chance to win a gift card to a South Side restaurant or retailer. The grand prize winner will be featured on the calendar cover page and receive a gift card. Amounts for gift cards are yet to be determined.
6) Contestants must be residents of the South Side Slopes neighborhood in the City of Pittsburgh. Professional and semi-professional photographers (or any photographers who earn money selling their photographs) are eligible and welcome to enter, as long as they are residents of the South Side Slopes.
7) The names of the winners will be announced and photos displayed at StepTrek (Oct. 2, 2021), and subsequently published at southsideslopes.org and on SSSNA’s Facebook page at facebook.com/southsideslopes and Instagram page at instagram.com/southsideslopes. The winning photos will be published in a 2022 photo calendar that will also be offered for purchase, beginning in October.
ELIGIBILITY: The South Side Slopes Calendar Photo Contest is open to any photographer who lives in the South Side Slopes neighborhood. Only the photographer has the right to submit a photograph. Prizes will be awarded to the photographers.
JUDGING: Entries will be judged by through a panel of judges assembled by The South Side Slopes Neighborhood Association. Thirteen images will be chosen (one cover, one for each month). The decisions of the judges are final. Voting on the cover winner will be done through a public vote available on the SSSNA website, as well as on Facebook and Instagram. Public voting for winner of the cover photo will begin on Monday, Aug. 2 through Monday, Aug. 16, 2021. Winners will be notified by email or telephone.
*By submitting photos via the online form, the photographer grants the South Side Slopes Neighborhood Association the right to publish the photographer’s winning entry along with the photographer’s name in any future promotion celebrating the contest winners. The photographer will not receive further compensation for such publication. Winners also agree that without further payment, their winning photograph entry may be used in print or electronic form to promote future photo contests. It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that publication of the photographs by South Side Slopes Neighborhood Association raises no legal claims.
Online voting for cover photo winner will begin on Aug. 2, 2021. A link to voting will be posted on our website, Facebook and Instagram pages. Good luck!