The Brew House Association is a non-profit organization established in 1991 to provide a supportive environment for artists to live and work. It took over the former Duquesne Brewing Company building, which opened in 1899 and operated at this location until its dissolution in 1972. Since the late 1970’s, the Brew House has rented living and studio space to artists. In 1995, it developed an exhibition hall, Space 101, and a performance theater. Over the years it has collaborated with Quantum Theatre, Black Sheep Puppet Festival, and Pittsburgh Opera to stage productions. There are currently 72 units, a community workshop/maker space, a community kitchen and gallery.
Donate to the South Side Slopes Association
Thanks to our sponsor for their support: