At 3226 Jane St., resides the John Kollar Slovak Literary & Library Society. Founded in 1913 and named for 19th Century Slovak poet, John Kollar, its original purpose was to teach English to Slovak immigrants and to orient them to life in America. The Pittsburgh Region is home to more Slovaks than any other area in the United States. The club continues in full operation preserving the Slovak language & culture, and serving as a social club and live-music venue. The Pump Fakes play from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Polkamaniacs play from 1:50 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Donate to the South Side Slopes Association
Thanks to our sponsor for their support: