Turn right on Mission St. and continue east across the bridge built in 1939 as a project of the Public Works Administration under FDR. After the bridge is the Mission Pumping Station circa 1900, which delivers water into the neighborhood and adjacent areas. The water pressure coming out of this building is so high that many residents on the adjacent streets have two water pressure reduction valves to prevent their water lines from blowing out. Walk across the second bridge to Sterling Street and former St. Josaphat Chapel. Please turn to the Black Route narrative for directions.
Donate to the South Side Slopes Association
Thanks to our sponsor for their support: