Make left and continue along St. Paul past the brick garden walls that are part of the St. Paul of the Cross Monastery and Retreat Center. The monastery was founded in 1853. The brick walls appear to be the original ones that shielded the enclave from the outside world. Parts of the garden can be seen where the wall ends. The orange brick building is the Retreat House, which is available for individual retreats by arrangement. At the top of Monastery, is St. Paul of the Cross Monastery. Cross Monastery Ave. to St. Martin St.
Donate to the South Side Slopes Association
Thanks to our sponsor for their support: