The street is named after a Penna. State legislature who represented the area from 1979 to 1988. Since 1950, South 30th Street had been closed at the request of railroads serving the area’s then-bustling steel mills. As a result, the only way into the largely Slovak community of the Hollow was along Mary St. Steve Seventy pushed to reopen the underpass to Sarah St., which came two years after his death in the 1990s and was renamed in his honor.
Donate to the South Side Slopes Association
Thanks to our sponsor for their support: