- This event has passed.
2019 Annual Meeting and By-Laws Changes
October 8, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- New By-Laws Vote – See Details below
- Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy – Parks Plan – After the first phase of the listening tour earlier this year, PPC is circling back to the community for Phase Two of the Listening Tour where they will detail the plan for improved park safety, in fair funding and access and upgraded maintenance and facilities for all existing city parks.
- South Side Signals – 18th Street Pedestrian Safety – A representative from the Dept. of Mobility and Infrastructure will present information about their South Side Signals program, an initiative that aims to improve pedestrian safety.
- Recycling Changes in Pittsburgh – The City’s recycling team will provide up-to-date information about what you can and cannot recycle curbside and all the new changes and tips on how to recycle effectively.
The Board of the South Side Slopes Neighborhood Association is proposing the following by-law changes and policy addition for a vote before the membership at our Annual elections meeting on Tuesday October 8, 2019.
- Instituting term limits of 10 years for board members going forward
- Changing the month of our public Annual Meeting from October to March
- Adding a non-discrimination policy
These changes are being proposed in order to register as a Registered Community Organization with the city and to improve the quality of the Board. To read our current bylaws or see the full details on the proposed changes on the website (www.southsideslopes.org) or in our newsletter to be mailed to all South Side Slopes residents this month.